This Privacy Notice describes how the Baltic Wind EU project team at Baltic Wind OU (registry code 00000000; Narva mnt 5, 10117 Tallinn; hereinafter Baltic Wind or we) processes Your personal data.
In order to review data or materials, please submit a request for information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding GDPR, please contact the Data Protection Specialist of Baltic Wind at email@example.com
We process your personal data when you contact us or when you use the service we provide as Baltic Wind. We may collect your personal information in multiple ways, particularly when you either visit, register, fill in a form or survey on our Website, as well as in relation to any other actions, services, functions or resources made available on the Website that you might take or use. You may be asked to provide your name, e-mail address and telephone number where necessary. However, you can also visit our Website anonymously. We only collect your personal information if you convey them to us voluntarily.
We may assemble anonymous and statistical data about you at any time during your use of our Website. This may contain the name of your web browser, the type of computer you are using and technical data on your connection to our Website, such as data on your operating system, Internet service provider and other similar details.
How we use the personal data we collect
The Baltic Wind may collect and use your personal information in order to:
- run and administer our Website. We may need your data in order to correctly display the content of our Website;
- improve customer support. The data you submit helps us to address the needs of our customers;
- customize the User experience. We may use consolidated data to get a better understanding of the ways Users utilize our Website’s services and resources;
- upgrade our Website. We may use your feedback to improve our range of products and services;
- coordinate advertising, competitions and surveys and provide other functions of the Website;
- deliver information with your consent on topics we think you might be interested in;
- send regular emails. We may use your email address to send you information and briefings related to your subscription. Moreover, we use your e-mail address to answer your questions and/or respond to other queries;
- send out newsletters. We frequently update the list of newsletter recipients in order to make sure you receive high-quality newsletter content. Should you opt out of receiving the newsletter, your contact details will be automatically deleted from the list;
- If we organise and carry out a campaign that requires personal data handling, we only collect and use such data as per the terms and conditions of the campaign for the purpose of the campaign execution, for instance, in order to contact the winner and draw and deliver the prize.
How we protect your personal data
We obey and take proper data collection, retention, and processing practices in order to protect your personal information, User ID, password and other data saved on our Website from illicit access, modification, disclosure or destruction.
We take organisational, physical and information technology action in order to guarantee the protection of data processing. Suitable directions and regulations have been established, and we only process your personal data to the extent needed to perform our duties. Should we involve a processor, we require them to ensure at least the same level of security.
Your rights and access to data
You have the right to receive detailed information about the processing of your personal data at any time by filling a written application. Before answering, we always ensure that the petitioner has the right to receive data or request an action. You have the right to:
- claim access to your personal data;
- claim the correction of your personal data by informing us and sending us accurate data;
- claim the erasure of your personal data. Said right does not apply if the personal data you are requesting to be erased are processed on any other legal basis or if the obligation to retain the data derives from law;
- claim the limitation of the processing of your personal data;
- claim the furtherance of your personal data;
- retreat your permission for the processing of any personal data;
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority (the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate, firstname.lastname@example.org, 627 4135);
- retreat your consent at any given time, including opting out of receiving the newsletter. Retreating consent does not impact the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal.
Recipients of personal data
We do not sell, trade, sublet, transfer or make your personal data in any way accessible to third parties. We may share general aggregate demographical or statistical data that do not enable identification of visitors and Users with beneficiaries like commercial partners and reliable processing industries in order to carry out the purposes set out above. We may use third-party service providers to support us in managing our business and Website or for them to take action on our behalf, for instance, sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your personal data with such third parties for restricted purposes, provided that you have given us authorization to do so. We do not reveal your data further than is necessary to fulfil the appropriate objective, considering the provisions of legislation regulating data protection.
Retention of personal data
We process least possible data. Your personal data are preserved no longer than is necessary for personal data processing. We update your data where essential; for example, we maintain correspondence for five (5) years and personal data processed under campaigns in compliance with the terms and conditions of the campaign until the end of the campaign. All documents and data overcoming the deadline are destroyed.
Should you decide to join our mailing list, you will be sent news from the Estonian Tourist Board of Baltic Wind, information on products and services, etc. Should you wish to opt out of receiving emails in the future, you will find precise information on how to cancel your subscription at the end of each message. You can also reach us via our Website for the same purpose. We may use external providers to support us in administering our business and Website or for them to undertake activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your data with such external providers for limited purposes, provided that you have given us authorization to do so.
References to other websites
What are cookies?
You can block cookies in the settings of your web browser. (Comprehensive instructions can be found in the Help section of your web browser.) Please take into consideration that declining cookies will impact the functions of this and many other websites you visit. Declining cookies usually also blocks certain functions of this Website. If you are unsure whether you would like to allow or decline cookies, it is suggested to allow all cookies, since they are executed to provide the service you are using.
Cookies used by us
The services provided on this Website contain newsletter and email subscriptions, wherein cookies may be used to remember whether you have previously registered and whether certain advertisements that may only apply to subscribed/unsubscribed Users should be displayed.
On occasion, we offer you surveys to answer for the sake of collection of useful information. In relation to the surveys, cookies may be used in order to remember who has already responded to the survey and to display precise results after you have moved on to the next page.
If you put forward any data via a form on the contact page or in the comment section, cookies may be used to retain your User data for further correspondence.
For the purpose of offering you an excellent User experience on this Website, we have enabled a function that allows you to parameter values of the Website according to your preferences. In order to remember your choices, we have to set cookies in such a way that this data can be used at any moment when communication with the Website is affected by your preferences.
This website uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most popular and dependable analytical tools on the web and which helps us to understand how Users use our Website and how we can develop their User experience. These cookies may, for instance, keep track of how much time you spend on the Website or on the web pages you visit, which successively helps us to show content that is interesting to you.
Once in a while, we try out new functions and transform the configuration of the Website. During the testing of new functions, cookies may be used to ensure a persistent visitor experience on our Website, all the while helping us to comprehend which optimisation measures the Users of our Website find the most worthwhile. To this end, we use a tool called Hotjar.
Personal data breach
In the eventuality of a personal data breach that represents a possible threat to your rights and freedoms, we will set up any appropriate documents thereon. We will take action to bring the breach to an immediate end.
If the breach leads to a potentially serious threat to your rights and freedoms, we will also apprise you of this. The objective of the notice is to enable you to take the necessary precautions to mitigate the situation.